Saturday 21 December 2013

Rainbow Jam Tarts

Christmas is just four days away and since I don't have a job yet I have been baking pretty much. The latest stuff I baked are cookies, and since it was too much for just me and my hubby so I thought to buy Christmas cookie jars so I can give some to his parents, his sister and her family and to a friend of his parents - a couple who have become our nice friends as well for the last three years that I have been in Norway.

Basically I just browse for recipes online or sometimes I browse from food magazines that you can get from food stores here for free. The latest one I made just yesterday is called Rainbow jam tarts from Jamie Olivers site. It is pretty easy and tastes pretty good so anyone can totally do it.


 I used blueberry, orange and strawberry jams for the fillings. I also used lemon curd on a few of them and I think it is my favorite so far :) you can get the recipe here: 

 I had no small tart tin pans yet so I used the muffin former pan and it worked just fine. I also used the zest of orange and not lemon since it's what I had available.
 
I bought this jars at clas ohlson and it was on sale so I got a pretty good deal.
 

and here is the final result, ready to be given away.


I mixed the rainbow jam tarts with the other cookies I made which is the chocolate cookies and lemon cookies with grounded mixed nuts (walnut, cashew, peanut,almond). 



chocolate cookies

You can add marsipan instead of nuts for this one. this is a very simple recipe:
-200 grams soft butter
-250 ml brown sugar
-1 egg
-600 ml all purpose flour
-4 tbsp cocoa powder (unsweetened)
-120 grams light chocolate
-120 grams ground nuts


 lemon cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment